Arts Based Writing & Research
Spring School Malta Arts based Writers and Research Colloquium
April 24th – 30th 2020
New Approaches to Academic Writing & Research in Expressive Arts
For many professionals in the expressive arts and related disciplines, it is a challenge to be able to transmit the results of their research or work experiences in writing. It is difficult to organize ideas in a coherent manner and in accordance with academic requirements, and at the same time to keep alive the creativity of the processes that the researchers have been engaged in.
The Arts Based Writers and Research Colloquium allows participants to gain confidence in writing in a creative and academic way at the same time. It gives them tools to organize their writing process and thus be able to finish their thesis, dissertations, article or project. It also provides time each day for students to work on their projects and share their writing experiences with the group. Participants will also explore in greater depth the vision of Arts Based Research that we are developing in EGS and apply it to their own writing project.
At the end of the colloquium
- participants will know the qualities of good academic writing.
- participants will investigate the writing process and learn strategies that lead to a completed writing product. - participants will know the Arts Based
Research model and apply it to their writing process and their research.
What is the Colloquium for?
Whether you need or want to get started, to progress or complete your project, this colloquium is designed to improve your writer's skills and to find your own style. It serves as an opportunity to move away from daily life and to get nurtured and inspired by professionals and peers, and to gain new perspectives.
- Do you want to overcome a writer´s block?
- Do you need some frame for your self -study / requirements towards your Portfolio, MA Thesis project, qualifying paper, or dissertation proposal and research?
- Do you want to achieve an innovative, stringent and comprehensible contribution to the field of the Expressive Arts?
- Are you interested to use methods of the Expressive Arts in writing?
- Do you want to get acquainted with research methodology indigenous to the field of Expressive Arts?
- Are you interested in methodical studies and explorations of arts-based research?
- Do you want to encounter the Arts as evidence in scientific practice?
CAGS/Ph.D. candidates, MA candidates, BA waiver candidates, Alumni, Authors, EGS Faculty/Advisers, and anybody interested in arts-based writing and research.